DOA 5 Plus Demo And Trailer Released
March 19th can't come soon enough!
Last week, we caught up with Team Ninja's Creative Director, Tom Lee about Dead or Alive 5 Plus, a new handheld installment exclusively for the PlayStation Vita launching on March 19. The title promises to showcase all the robust features of its console counterpart and several unique features that take advantage of the hardware's touch screen technology. We've briefly touched upon this in some detail before, and now, the company has launched a new playable demo.
Read on the full press release breakdown below and check out the new trailer too!
The DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS demo is packed with features including Cross-Play battles with current DOA5 PlayStation 3 players, the ability to transfer progress from the demo to the full game, and a whopping eight stages of combat action. Players can experience new single-player modes such as Touch Fight while fighting as Kasumi, Hayabusa, Eliot, or Tina against any computer opponents to sample the rich variety of characters and fighting styles. Just as in the full game, costumes unlocked during the normal course of gameplay can also be unlocked in the demo. Additionally, save data from the demo can be transferred to the full game so players can continue fighting right where they left off. Available stages in the demo include Scramble, The Show, The Tiger Show, Coming Soon, Zack Island, Dead or Alive, Arrival, and Dojo. Each stage features its own unique blend of fun and challenging interactive elements for players to discover. Specific timing of the demo will be revealed soon.
Other nuggets of information confirmed today include the following:
- The unprecedented amount of move detail available in DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS will allow players to break down the results of each attack in real time. Move details show the damage output, effects, and other info to give an instant, detailed analysis of each move to allow players to increase their skills.
- In DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS players will for the first time be able to set background music for each character to set the proper tone for each fight. All characters, including new DOA5 characters Rig and Mila, have their own selectable theme music.
- Players can replay scenes from Story mode at any time in the game’s movie theater to revisit their favorite moments or watch the story play out all at once after it is unlocked.
- The first-person perspective Touch Fights can be played with downloadable costumes. The close-up view and variety of character reactions available in this mode make it the ideal way to check out favorite costumes.
- New Tutorial and Combo Challenge modes provide the ideal opportunity to hone the combat skills necessary to come out on top in any situation. This makes DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS not only the ideal game for serious fighters but for novice players as well.
Published by TECMO KOEI, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS brings the signature DOA fighting style to PS Vita with all-new system-specific features complementing the stunning graphics and new martial arts techniques of the recent console release. Players will take on the roles of the cast of DOA fighters in an action-packed brawler set in visually striking international locales, with each stage featuring interactive backdrops. With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail.